This text is prepared in order to inform you, the data subject, in accordance with Article 10 of the Law on Protection of Personal Data, no. 6698, the Communiqué on Procedures and Principles to Be Followed in Fulfillment of the Obligation to Inform about the cookies to be processed via this website (“https://pikaretech.com”) during your visit to the website which is owned by Pika ReTech Teknoloji Kimya Makina San. ve Tic. A.Ş. as the data supervisor within the scope of the Law, the Communiqué and the other relevant legislative documents.
1. What Are Cookies and Why Are They Used?
Cookies are defined as small text files that are placed and stored on your computer, smart phone or another device with internet connection as you visit a website. Cookies allow a website to recognize the device of a user.
A cookie typically contains the name of the website it is retrieved from, the “lifespan” of the cookie (i.e., how long it will be retained on your device), and a unique numerical value. Cookies save your actions and your preferred settings during your browser session or for the next visit to our website. If you visit our websites again, this information will be sent back to the server. Thus, your computer or mobile device is automatically recognized again, and your preferred settings, for example, are loaded automatically for your convenience.
Additionally, cookies can be used to better customize our services in line with your interests and needs and/or to speed up your future activities and experiences on our websites.
2. What Are the Types of Cookies?
Cookies based on provenance:
a. First-party Cookies: These refer to cookies that are generated by users and placed on our website; they are in our control.
b. Third-party Cookies: Are sent to the user’s computer or device from a computer or domain not managed by the editor, but rather by another entity that processes data obtained from the cookies.
Cookies based on their storage duration:
a. Session Cookies: These are the types of cookies that exist only when users’ browsers are open; once the browser is closed, these are deleted.
b. Persistent Cookies: These are the types of cookies that remain on the computer until a certain expiration date even after the browser is closed. These cookies become active again when the same website is visited, and they are used to detect visits from the same computer.
Cookies based on the purpose of use:
a. Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential for the website to function properly and effectively. If these cookies are removed or disabled, the website may become partially or completely dysfunctional.
b. Functionality or Customisation Cookies: These cookies are needed to remember information so that the user can access the service or platform with specific characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users. For example, language, number of results displayed when the user runs a search, appearance or content of the service based on the type of browser used, or the region from where the service is accessed, etc. Not accepting cookies may cause slow website performance or poorly adapted recommendations.
c. Performance - Analytics Cookies: These cookies allow statistical measuring of user behaviors on websites to analyze them. These cookies are used often to improve the website, and measurement of advertisements’ impact on individuals is also included within the scope of such cookies. Website owners may use these to obtain and measure visit-related data, analyze them, make estimations, and determine the most important search engine keywords that lead users to a website.
d. Behavioural Advertising Cookies: Advertising and marketing cookies allow identifying personal areas of interest by tracking users’ online movements, thereby enabling the showing of relevant ads to users, preventing the constant repetition of the same ads in all scenarios, and showing ads properly. The purpose of these cookies is to offer an advanced and personalized experience to the user.
3. How Can I Control Cookies’ Usage?
Please remember that both managing the Cookies settings panel and opting to reject Cookies is specific to each browser you are using. Therefore, if you configure Cookies one way on one device and want your option to apply equally to another device, you must enable the same option on the other device.
4. Editing Your Cookie Settings
You can save your cookie preferences through the Cookie Management Platform that pops up on the page when you first visit our website. Please click to access the Cookie Management Platform to edit your cookie preferences.
5. What Are Your Rights Related To The Processing Of Your Data Through Cookies?
You have the following rights as per Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698:
- To learn whether their personal data are processed or not; and
- If their personal data are processed, to request information thereabout; and
- To learn the purpose of the processing of their personal data and whether their personal data are used for the intended purposes or not; and
- To learn the identity of third parties to whom their personal data are transferred in Türkiye or abroad; and
- If incomplete or inaccurate personal data are processed, to request completion or correction of them, and to request notification of the actions taken accordingly to third parties to whom their personal data are transferred; and
- If, though processed in accordance with pertinent provisions of the Law and other relevant laws, the causes requiring processing have ceased to exist, to request deletion or destruction of their personal data, and to request notification of the actions taken accordingly to third parties to whom their personal data are transferred; and
- To raise objections against any probable results that may arise against the subject due to analysis of the processed data solely by means of automatic systems; and
- If they have incurred damages and losses due to the illegal processing of their personal data, to claim indemnification of such damages and losses.
You may send your requests and applications to us regarding your rights listed above pursuant to the provisions of the “Communiqué on Procedures and Principles of the Application to the Data Supervisor”, by mail to the postal address of our Company “firstname.lastname@example.org”
You can contact us about your opinions and questions.